Timer Repair

photo description

picture1 picture2 picture3 picture4

The car club's timer had served us well for many years, until one event it refused to accept keyboard commands.
I figured that either the membrane keyboard had gone bad, or there was a corrosion problem from being flooded long ago.
I replaced the main processor's socket and cleaned the pins on the processor.
It work fine until 10 hours into a 12 hour burn in cycle, and started misbehaving again.
So I fabricated a new keyboard out of some water proof switches and a scrap of aluminum.
As you can see, with only a pair of shears to work sheet metal, the look is less than stellar. But it works well.

Copyright 2015 Edge Finder LLC